DO YOU EAT OVERNIGHT OATS HOT OR COLD?
The answer is both! I usually let them sit out on my counter an hour while I go to the gym or get ready for my day to get the chill out. Some people like to heat them up in the microwave a few minutes, it’s totally up to you.
HOW LONG DO OVERNIGHT OATS LAST?
Most people say you can leave them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, but I prefer less, 3 days max as they get softer the longer they sit.
- 1/4 cup quick oats, I prefer organic
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Almond Breeze Original Almond Milk, or skim, soy
- 1/4 medium banana, sliced (freeze the rest for smoothies!)
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 4-5 drops NuNaturals liquid vanilla stevia, or your favorite sweetener
- pinch cinnamon
for the topping:
- 1 tbsp chopped pecans, or any nut
- Place all the ingredient in a jar, shake, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, add your favorite crunchy toppings such as nuts, granola, etc and enjoy!
Serving: 1 jar,
Saturated Fat: 0.5g