Pan-seared chicken nestled in a creamy garlic white wine sauce with spinach and burst tomatoes.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter ( or ghee for dairy-free)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chiffon
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add avocado oil to the pan and then chicken breast. Sear chicken for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Then immediately add butter (or ghee) to the pan and let melt. Add in garlic and saute for 30 seconds, stirring the entire time.
- Add in onions and saute until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine, scraping with a wooden spoon to get any brown bits from the bottom. Season with salt and 1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Add in cherry tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes. As the cherry tomatoes start to soften, press down on them with a spoon to make them burst.
- Next, add in spinach and saute until wilted down, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk. Stir and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add lemon juice and fresh basil. Stir to combine.
- Place the chicken back in the pan and serve!