The worst part of breakfast sandwiches is when they fall apart on ya. Never have that problem again with these portable breakfast bombs!
- 180g (1.5 Cups) Self Rising Flour. You can also use the same amount of All-Purpose Flour plus 2 teaspoons baking powder.
- 200g Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 tsp salt (use 1/2 teaspoon if using AP flour)
- 1 Egg for Egg Wash
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Milk of Choice
- 4 Slices Fat-Free American Cheese (or any cheese)
- 4 Strips Center Cut Bacon
- In a large bowl, mix together all of your bagel ingredients except the seasoning and egg wash. Use a silicone spatula to mix it up until you have a dough. Don't be afraid to get in there with your hands to press everything together.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface, then separate the dough into 4 roughly equal-sized balls. Break each ball in half, for a total of 8. It's okay if there are not all exactly the same size.
- Take 2 of the balls and use your palms to flatten them into circles (they don't have to be perfect circles). Flatten one of them slightly more than the other so it is larger (this will be the top, so it needs to be able to cover the filling). Repeat until you have 4 pairs with one slightly larger circle for each. Set aside.
- If your dough is sticky during this process, you can put some flour on your hands to make it easier.
- Dice up 4 slices of bacon and add to a stovetop pan over medium heat. You can cook them as full slices using any method you like, but I find that dicing the bacon up first makes it significantly easier to get them crispy (with less mess). More them around in the pan occasionally until they're fully cooked, which should only take about 5 minutes.
- Once the bacon is done, you can remove it onto a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb the grease and pour the grease out of the pan into a container (you don't want to pour hot grease into a drain!), leaving a little bit in the pan to cook the eggs. You can cook the eggs in a different pan if you prefer, but I love the extra bacon flavor. Crack 4 eggs into a bowl with a splash of milk (roughly 1 tablespoon, but I don't measure it) and whisk together.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and use a spatula or wooden spoon to keep the eggs moving so they do not burn. They should take less than a minute to scramble in the hot pan. Pour the eggs out onto a plate when they're still slightly undercooked since they're going into the air fryer.
- Now it's time to assemble the bagel bombs. Take your SMALLER circle you made, and add a slice of cheese (I cut the corners off to make it fit), some of your eggs, and some bacon. Sriracha is definitely recommended as well! Drape your larger circle over the top to make sure it covers everything- if not, simply flatten it out some more to stretch it. Cover the filling, then pinch all of the edges to close it up. Repeat for all 4.
- Add your bagel bombs to the air fryer. Whisk up one egg in a bowl and brush the tops of each with the egg- this helps with the browning, and also allows the seasoning to stick. Top each with your everything bagel seasoning or any seasoning of your choice, then air fry at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. If you don’t have an air fryer, you can put them in the oven for 12 min at 375 degrees.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 Bagel Bomb
Total Fat: 7g